Tuesday 20 September 2011

Badly designed signs


What does this look like? Yes, I can see flowers but what's the mauve bit? An abstract shape? Some reeds blowing in the wind? Can you guess what type of shop should boast such a sign? Well it's supposed to be a hand. But somehow it's seems to have six fingers if you count them carefully. We take the design of hands for granted. To draw hands takes a lot of skill, they have so many subtle characteristics and trying to capture them in art takes some know how. I don't think this sign maker has quite managed to pull it off.

I find this sign quite comical, I can imagine the owner saying "I know exactly what I want" with complete disregard for the sign makers advice. Or maybe they just did the job themselves. I just love the textured finish and the bald man cutting the hair (or lack of) of the bald man, it's so funny.

Just in case you wondered about the hand! Despite the sign, they're terrific at looking after your nails, top class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments.